Friday, January 20, 2006

I laughed. I cried. It became a part of me.

Last week I flew back home for a quick trip to LA to attend a friend's wedding. I didn't get to see all the people I would have wanted to see, but the few I did see made the trip ... beautiful.

Angela was a wonderful host. Thanks for everything, Ang! It was fun to catch up on long car rides. And very cool to have the time to stay up late talking in your beautiful home.



I got to hang out with Dina and Hurby, too. I didn't get pictures of them, but our time together left a lasting impression of love and gracious friendship ;p.


Jenny and I hung out for a whole day and never ran out of things to do or talk about! Thanks for a great day, Jenny. You're such an awesome friend, chica!

Starbucks/Barnes & Noble, "Pride & Prejudice", Starbucks/Barnes & Noble, Afternoon Tea at the Tea Rose Garden, Window shopping, Dinner at Louise Tratorria.

(Not a bad way to spend a day!)

Next stop, The Arnolds. It was so much fun to hang out for a late-night talk. And Fina makes a mean chocholate chip pancake! Thanks Arnolds for wonderful hospitality! Please tell Tasha and Reese I said "Hi!".

...

Okay, would you believe it took me seven months to finish this blog!!!

It's now July -- actually one day from August -- and I'm finally back to this blog.

The trip in January finished with great times with great friends. I miss you Pasadena Church of God! It was soooo great to see you, Claudia! How wonderful to reconnect Gia! And Yasmeen, you looked mahhhvelous at your wedding, dahling!

When I returned to NYC, I jumped into an absolutely overwhelming semester with five classes - all extremely challenging. I learned a ton and ended up finishing my courseload with flying colors.

I'm now doing the NY job search thing. Some good prospects on the horizon.

I've also started freelance writing for human rights organizations.

I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

In the meantime... it feels like the world has gone off the deep end.
  1. Israel is bombing Lebanon.
  2. Hizzbolah is gathering more and more support from countries throughout the middle east.
  3. Half of the U.S. has been baking for about over two weeks in 100+ degree heat.
  4. And Bush showed up at the NAACP convention saying he wants to "change the relationship."

Okay, I think I've seen it all.

A prayer.

God grant us your peace in our lives...

in our souls...

in our families...

in our cities...

in our governments...

in our land...

and between people groups.

Lord, let the substance of this peace be more than the absence of violence.

Let it be the presence of justice...

embrace...

reciprocity...

interdependence...

repentance...

and forgiveness.

In other words, please teach us to love in all things. In every possible way.

~ Amen.







2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you Liza. I enjoy reading your blog. I may just have to steal that picture of Angela.

payshun

 
At 2:07 PM, October 12, 2006, Blogger superstar said...

good picture

 

Post a Comment

<< Home